School Improvement Plan Summary 2018
Outcomes for Pupils
- Maintain and build on achievement in Phonics and KS1 results.
- KS1: Continue to close the gap of pupil premium and SEN children in Writing.
- KS2: To accelerate improved attainment in Reading and GPS.
- KS2: To improve progress and attainment in maths.
- KS2: Close the gap of vulnerable groups with particular focus on SEN and FSM.
- Ensure non-negotiables for Outcomes are being followed by all.
Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Ensure pupil achievement is used to accurately inform differentiation used in lessons to positively impact challenge, pupil progress and achievement.
- Ensuring that all pupils, including the most able, are appropriately challenged.
- Ensuring that pupils read books that challenge them sufficiently.
- Implement & embed Maths No Problem across school.
- Regular opportunities for pupils to apply their fluency skills in problem-solving and reasoning tasks, in order to deepen their understanding in Mathematics.
- Ensure clear progression of learning in subjects across the school. Making sure that the teaching of Reading and Mathematics systematically develops pupils’ skills.
- Embed assessment in all subjects.
- Continue to embed outdoor learning across the curriculum.
- Ensure non-negotiables around Teaching, Learning & Assessment is being fully implemented.
- To ensure all lessons are fully planned and all resources prepared.
- Ensuring that teachers’ assessment of pupils’ progress are reliably accurate and are consistent across the school.
- Ensure home learning is consistently applied across the school.
- Continue to keep parents informed of pupils’ progress and attainment.
- Maintain & Build on our Key Strengths.
Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare
- To ensure consistency of high standards of behaviour across school.
- Continue to develop increased awareness being healthy and keeping safe in modern life.
- To ensure high standards of punctuality and attendance.
- Pupil leadership developed across school.
- Pupils continue to learn about others views and show respect and understanding.
Agreed Leadership and Management spotlights for the year
Effectiveness of Early Years Provision
- Sustain good level of development with particular focus on vulnerable groups.
- To maintain the good environment and develop it further into a highly stimulating environment, exceptionally organised – so it provides rich, varied and imaginative experiences.
- Continue to ensure safeguarding is effective and all staff are updated on a regular basis.
- Consolidate good teaching and increase the percentage of outstanding.
- Continue to develop parental involvement using successful strategies to engage parents, including those from different vulnerable groups, in their children’s learning in school and at home.
- Develop greater consistency in identifying children’s next steps in learning.
- Maintain and build on key strengths.