We teach Science through a topic approach using the International Primary Curriculum and the Kent Science Scheme to cover the Programme of study in the National Curriculum.
Aims & Objectives
• To develop pupils’ interest and curiosity in science and help them appreciate its contribution to our everyday lives.
• To introduce pupils to the language and vocabulary of science through the use of a investigations and practical activities.
• To further develop practical skills including the use of I.C.T. in their science learning.
• To develop a knowledge and appreciation of the contribution made by famous scientists.
• To encourage pupils to relate their science work to applications in the real world.
• To develop an inquisitive mind in our pupils and to encourage them to predict the likely outcomes of their investigations.
• To develop the pupils ability to plan, carry out and evaluate scientific investigations and appreciate the meaning of "fair test".