See our exciting activities on:
In Year 6, our teachers are Mrs Holt, Miss Clutterbuck and Miss Morphew.
We will be supported in our learning by Mrs Sallnow, Mrs Greaves and Mrs Dockerall.
Google Classroom - via realsmart needs to be set up, to allow you to access your child's online learning and live videos with teachers. To do this please do the following:
1) Click on this link - https://smartlogin.realsmart.co.uk/smartlogin/launchpad
2) Choose school - St Katherine's School & Nursery - Kent and press continue
3) Username - your child's name in lower case e.g. ruthpowell
4) Password - stkaths123
5) Here you can access many different Apps - such as Bug Club. Also there is Google Classroom.
6) Click on Google Classroom and you should see your child's class name. In there is the work for the week and from next week you will be able to access live stories.
In English and Guided Reading this term, we will be looking at Malamander and Melvin McGee: Zombie Hunter. We will base lots of our writing on the story and be concentrating on improving and using a range sentence structures, ambitious vocabulary and a range of high level punctuation.
Maths during Term 3 will be focusing on fractions, decimals and percentages and measurement. We will also continue to improve on our general arithmetic skills.
In Science, we will be focusing on living things.
Our History topic will be exploring life and developments in Victorian times.
In DT, we will be creating moving toys using cams.
In PE, we will be learning Basketball and Swimming.
According to Government guidelines, every child should spend at least 60 minutes a day being active. Half of that should be done in school with the other 30 minutes being done outside of school hours. How active are you? Click the logo to find out about how you can be more active, learn some cool facts and try out some tasty recipes!